Join Our Team
This isn’t just your next job – it’s your opportunity to be part of an amazing team that delivers on our promise to meet and exceed our guest’s experience the moment they walk through our doors! We offer a diverse and inclusive environment that makes you feel more like family than at work.
Posted 2/18/2022 - Now Hiring - Bartenders, Servers, Hosts, Hostesses - Newark, New Jersey location
- Mixing, garnishing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to company specifications
- Helping guests choose menu items or guiding them through drink options
- Taking orders and making guests feel taken care of during their time at the restaurant or event
- Keeping the bar stocked and clean while
- Providing friendly and attentive service
- Adhering to company standards for serving alcoholic beverages
Restaurant Server duties and responsibilities
- Welcoming and sitting diners comfortably in the dining section
- Taking customers’ food and drink orders
- Collaborating with the kitchen and bar staff for prompt and correct delivery of orders
- Memorizing the menu and recommend appetizers, meals and drinks from restaurant wine stock
- Delivering a memorable dining experience by resolving all customer issues promptly
- Assisting with the tidying of tables, clearing leftovers and keeping the dining area neat and pleasant
- Setting tables and rearranging the dining area to accommodate larger groups and prepare the restaurant for special events
- Ensuring cooking utensils and kitchen area are cleaned after closing to comply with state regulations
Busser Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables, setting decorations, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean, replacing damaged or soiled pages, and cleaning chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, refilling water glasses, and being attentive to additional needs.
- Supports waitstaff by setting up and replenishing condiment stands and busser stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables, sweeping and vacuuming floors, and removing trash from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
FOR ANY JOB POSITION, EMAIL JOBS@SWAHILIVILLAGES.COM OR CALL 973.494.7379
Posted 1/7/2022 - Now Hiring - Restaurant Manager, Beltsville Maryland location
Swahili Village Beltsville, Maryland location is looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our location’s business. You will deliver and prioritize a high-quality standard, culture of excellence and motivate our staff to provide superior customer service.
The restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity due to our high traffic weekends and dinner hours.
Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations of Prince Georges county.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences. You would work with our corporate marketing and catering sales teams to increase our business offerings and in turn, our locations overall revenue.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
$65,000 – $75,000 DOE
Email resumes to Michael@swahilivillagebeltsvillemd.com or CALL 240.965.7651