- Mixing, garnishing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to company specifications
- Helping guests choose menu items or guiding them through drink options
- Taking orders and making guests feel taken care of during their time at the restaurant or event
- Keeping the bar stocked and clean while
- Providing friendly and attentive service
- Adhering to company standards for serving alcoholic beverages
Restaurant Server duties and responsibilities
- Welcoming and sitting diners comfortably in the dining section
- Taking customers’ food and drink orders
- Collaborating with the kitchen and bar staff for prompt and correct delivery of orders
- Memorizing the menu and recommend appetizers, meals and drinks from restaurant wine stock
- Delivering a memorable dining experience by resolving all customer issues promptly
- Assisting with the tidying of tables, clearing leftovers and keeping the dining area neat and pleasant
- Setting tables and rearranging the dining area to accommodate larger groups and prepare the restaurant for special events
- Ensuring cooking utensils and kitchen area are cleaned after closing to comply with state regulations
Busser Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables, setting decorations, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean, replacing damaged or soiled pages, and cleaning chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, refilling water glasses, and being attentive to additional needs.
- Supports waitstaff by setting up and replenishing condiment stands and busser stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables, sweeping and vacuuming floors, and removing trash from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.